Skip to main content

Gang Leader Ganapati

"Ganapati Bappa Morya"  None of the Indians and of course his worldwide fans would've come across without hearing this slogan but ever wondered what does it exactly mean?Before getting into that,who is exactly this Ganapati and why is he so famous?

Okay let me introduce the world famous and terrific GANG LEADER of many, Lord Ganapati (Pillayar in Tamil)

Typical Indian Son

It is very usual to see the clashes between Indian dads and sons for so many things.Our gang leader Ganapati was also no way different from this and in fact he was one step ahead because he got in to a war with his dad even before they got to know who were each other.

In this war,his head was lopped off by his angry dad Lord Shiva and he had an immediate plastic surgery but with elephant's head after his mommy Parvathi lashed out a huge anger(typical Indian mom)towards her husband.From that moment he was called  as "God of war"  This one war with his dad is quite enough to accept him as a gang leader but he got many reasons.

Smart aka cunning guy

There will be no better wrestling shows than the fights between siblings. Ganapati had also one but in a different way. It was a fight for a fruit which was claimed that eating it would give them a greater wisdom. For that,a competition was held by their parents.The terms were that whoever circled the world thrice would win.The moment after hearing this, his younger brother who was sincere and hard working guy took his fast flying vehicle Peacock to circle the world but our smart guy Ganapati circled his parents thrice and demanded them to give that fruit to him because he claimed that his parents were the world to him.

They were overwhelmed and gave him that fruit while Lord Karthikeya was sincerely circling the world.Its very hard to believe that Parvati was also fond of her elder son like Indian moms showing their partiality over their sons.

Foodie

Another interesting reason to have him as a gang leader is,he was also a foodie like us which can be deliberately seen through his belly size.His favorite snack was Kozhukattai (In Tamil) which we offer him during his great festival "Ganesh Chathurthi"

Being single

One of the most important reasons of choosing him as our gang leader is, he was single as 90's kids.We still want to see him as a bachelor even though it is believed in North India that he had got married.

These are very limited reasons because I need to make a separate blog for justifying him as our gang leader.Now coming to the slogan, Bappa means big brother or big friend and Moriya (A saint and devotee in Maharastra) refers to one of our team members who had seen Lord Ganapati as his leader as we do. Since he was too sincere devotee his name was suffixed in slogan.

My sincere prayers to our gang leader to increase the followers for this blog as many as devotees he have and I wish whoever following this blog would get his snack more this year.Till then let's everyone chant,"Ganapati Bappa Morya"

P.S:Share your interesting facts/stories of Lord Ganapati in comment section. Thank You!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coke with a (un)known Girl...!

I got down to take my bike which was the most favorite spot for all the black colored Ravens (Yes! Proud GOT fan) Wondering why were they so fond to shit on  my white colored scooter when different brands of same scooters and bikes were nearby mine. Maybe because of my scooter's color which was white. Racist Raven In-between these verbal encounters I had with racist Crow,I realized I wasn't alone. I turned my head like a table fan. Oh my gosh! I couldn't see clearly but managed to realize there was a girl with one side folded leg, facing to roadside sitting on a parked bike of my neighbor's. Even my scooter was unlucky like me to have a girl seated on it. Maybe if the racist crow hadn't shit on my bike,she would've sat on mine (I meant my bike) All I can see was a bent knee covered by dark yellow bottom seated over the petrol tank facing roadside. I wished to see her face. Her light colored yellow shawl was flying in air like a kite. I walked slowly and now I co

Thank you, Corona!

Covid-19 Amid of all global crisis caused by Corona,Why we actually need to THANK it? Well,its not limited to one simple answer. English Teacher Corona introduces new and not even heard before vocabularies like quarantine, pandemic, epidemic, lock down and social distancing.Believe it or not, ever since my birth I never heard these terms until Corona came to existence.So thank you Corona for introducing new vocabularies. Entertainer Like a wooden spoon comes with a package of ice-cream,Corona comes with a package of  lock down and so do the entertainment.In childhood days,its really difficult to go to theaters and watch our favorite stars on screen because 90's kid's parents were too strict or it would be correct if I say, they might've thought letting their children to theaters would turn them from becoming a world class scientist to SUPERSTAR RAJINIKANTH. But now, the tables have turned.The same 90's kids introducing a new platform called OTT (over the top media like