Skip to main content

Sibling Rivalry


Probably one of the first rivalries we would've faced in life might be with sibling especially brothers. If you are the youngest,there's no doubt that you would've been ripped off in your early days and I bet that your eldest one would have seen you as opponent as wrestler Batista sees his own.

Where does this rivalry start to happen? Answer is ever since from birth.From the moment, the youngest one starts to breathe.They (eldest) see it us their competitor,share holder,and of course opponent along with little childish jealousy because they might've had a thought that they got a new partner in sharing food,toys,clothes and parent's affection but what holds and develops a perfect bonding after all these rivalry factors?Its an action of spontaneous love which comes without their knowledge that happens because we are told that,"You guys are BROTHERS" When we start to grow,this sibling rivalry also varies from time to time and at one stage it totally fades away.

But before it fades away,it did give you a lot of good memories and moments that we cherish forever.

I'm recollecting an incident that happened when I was in third grade and my eldest one was at higher secondary. We were doing our schooling at same school and on one fine day, he left early to school since he had a special class on Chemistry so I was told to give his lunch.I went to give him in mid of class and when I reached there, I saw him getting scolded by his teacher.

Me: Excuse me Miss, May I come in?
Teacher: Yes, what do you want?
Me: I'm here to give lunch to my brother.
Teacher: Who's your brother?
(I was pointing my finger to him since he was standing)
Me: Oh, Is he your brother? You guys are in the same school. Okay, tell your parents that your brother is not attentive in class and scoring very low marks so ask them to meet me.
Me: Okay Miss. 

I was so happy that I'm going to report my parents after getting this information against him.I couldn't wait for getting back to home to see him in action sequence. But unfortunately in the same evening on that day he caught me standing outside of class after messing up with my class girls along with my gang of nursery mates.He threatened me that he would tell this to my mom who will go mad if she knew that I got into girl's issue also he said that his inattentiveness in Chemistry was nothing before my in-disciplinary action.So I was forced to make a deal that we shouldn't rat out each other since we were even then.There comes a mutual understanding as a subsidiary of rivalry.

Very recently I met with an accident even though it was not terrible, my trouser was teared off in a way like everyone could comment as I got Ramba's (90's famous Tamil heroine)thigh.I was so embarrassed and immediately I called my brother and told him about my situation.He said,"I'm in important meeting so you come to my office and I will pick you up to the hospital" Somehow I managed to reach his office after having so many embarrassing encounters.He made me wait for 45 minutes leaving me out there and I was like a beggar in a professional attire.Finally,he came out and said with a laugh,"Hey sorry da, I didn't even imagine that your situation would be worse like this"

Be it a good or bad moment,we always make a first call to our eldest to share it.I haven't experienced about other sibling varieties like sister & sister, brother & sister but I'm so sure that other varieties wouldn't be so exciting and cheerful like "BROTHERS"We may seem not to be so affectionate like sisters but brothers are like Tom & Jerry.We always fight but never give up each other.This is how rivalry starts to fade away and makes us to see our eldest as a good friend,as a guide and as a good supportive well wisher.We realize this when we started to share things that we can't able to share with our parents.The best part is we grew as each other's pillars in our life.

It was pity to see our parents the way they were managing and dealing with sibling fights but now, my brother is not so far from seeing his kids having "sibling rivalry" and I'm just waiting for that moment to happen and see how he's gonna deal with them.You know,what they say is actually true,
"KARMA IS A BOOMERANG"

[P.S: This post is specially made for my brother who's celebrating his birthday today (June 15)]

-----------------
With Love,
B K Narguna Seethalan.



Comments

  1. I was imagining you in torn clothes sitting in the lobby of ur bro's office 😂😂😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gang Leader Ganapati

"Ganapati Bappa Morya"   None of the Indians and of course his worldwide fans would've come across without hearing this slogan but ever wondered what does it exactly mean?Before getting into that,who is exactly this Ganapati and why is he so famous? Okay let me introduce the world famous and terrific GANG LEADER of many, Lord Ganapati (Pillayar in Tamil) Typical Indian Son It is very usual to see the clashes between Indian dads and sons for so many things.Our gang leader Ganapati was also no way different from this and in fact he was one step ahead because he got in to a war with his dad even before they got to know who were each other. In this war,his head was lopped off by his angry dad Lord Shiva and he had an immediate plastic surgery but with elephant's head after his mommy Parvathi lashed out a huge anger(typical Indian mom)towards her husband.From that moment he was called  as "God of war"  This one war with his dad is quite enough to accept him as a

Coke with a (un)known Girl...!

I got down to take my bike which was the most favorite spot for all the black colored Ravens (Yes! Proud GOT fan) Wondering why were they so fond to shit on  my white colored scooter when different brands of same scooters and bikes were nearby mine. Maybe because of my scooter's color which was white. Racist Raven In-between these verbal encounters I had with racist Crow,I realized I wasn't alone. I turned my head like a table fan. Oh my gosh! I couldn't see clearly but managed to realize there was a girl with one side folded leg, facing to roadside sitting on a parked bike of my neighbor's. Even my scooter was unlucky like me to have a girl seated on it. Maybe if the racist crow hadn't shit on my bike,she would've sat on mine (I meant my bike) All I can see was a bent knee covered by dark yellow bottom seated over the petrol tank facing roadside. I wished to see her face. Her light colored yellow shawl was flying in air like a kite. I walked slowly and now I co

Thank you, Corona!

Covid-19 Amid of all global crisis caused by Corona,Why we actually need to THANK it? Well,its not limited to one simple answer. English Teacher Corona introduces new and not even heard before vocabularies like quarantine, pandemic, epidemic, lock down and social distancing.Believe it or not, ever since my birth I never heard these terms until Corona came to existence.So thank you Corona for introducing new vocabularies. Entertainer Like a wooden spoon comes with a package of ice-cream,Corona comes with a package of  lock down and so do the entertainment.In childhood days,its really difficult to go to theaters and watch our favorite stars on screen because 90's kid's parents were too strict or it would be correct if I say, they might've thought letting their children to theaters would turn them from becoming a world class scientist to SUPERSTAR RAJINIKANTH. But now, the tables have turned.The same 90's kids introducing a new platform called OTT (over the top media like